Helwan Iron and steel complex was inaugurated in 1973. It is 30 km’s from Cairo. Final stages of the project was completed in 1979, at a total cost of E.P 516 million.
- 2 blast furnaces
- Sintering unit
- Steel unit
- Iron rolling
- Lime and dolomite furnaces
- Dolomite refractory unit
- Iron scrap unit
- Labs, workshops and stores
- Gas services unit
- Oxygen unit
- Steam and compressed air unit
- Industrial water cooling towers
- Power station Extension of the complex: The aim is to increase the iron and steel production from 300000 ton/year to 1.5 m. tons/year
Coke Co. fourth batteryThe project was carried out in 1991 at a cost of EG.P 85 million to produce 560000 ton/year of coke.
Helwan refractory complexesIMPA supervised the execution of the first stage of the project, at an area of 215000 m2. and a cost of EP 27 million. The project includes a river port at an area of 33000 m2. Productivity is 45000 ton/year.
Complementary projects executed by IMPA
- El tebbin High Metallurgical Studies Institute.
- Railway roads and yards at the factory premises
- Extension of El tebbin river port
- Electricity network
- High voltage electric line, samalout- Alwahat Al baharia.
- El tebbin river port conveyor belt.
- El tebbin tramway
- El tebbin water plant.